Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Halfway There!

So once again I have let the blog go for a while. But there are a lot of things to post and I think it's about time I do so!


I am officially 20 weeks pregnant (almost 21) and can't believe it! I have hit the halfway mark to the birth of our sweet little.........
BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There he is, showing that he is definitely a boy. We actually found out he was a boy a little earlier than expected when I was in a car accident in Tulsa in September. I was rear ended at a complete stop by someone going 40 miles per hour. It was very scary, but when I got an ultrasound following the accident, our little boy was waving his arms, moving around and did not even notice that we had been bumped pretty hard. Praise God for His protection, my sweet angel was just fine! I was 15 weeks at that time and the doctor said, "Do you want to know what you are having?" I said "Well, of course I do, but my husband isn't here. It would just be wrong!" He said "I will take a picture, and write it down and seal it in an envelope for you. You can open it whenver you want" Sounded good to me. I would try to hold off until I got home to see Nathan, even though the anticipation was killing me. I called Nathan right away and he said "Well, open it now!!" Haha. So, I certainly was not going to refuse that demand. I opened the envelope with my mom and read to Nathan.... "It's a BOY!!!!!!" It was so exciting. It turned a bad day into a wonderful day and I will never forget how we found out about our sweet little boy.

A few weeks later I had my second trimster screening ultrasound, where the ultrasound tech looked at all of his organs and bones and made sure he was growing just right. I was a little nervous, praying that all his little parts were growing well. Praise God, he is just great!!!!!!!!! Our little boy has everything he needs and is growing just right. In fact, he was measuring about 4 days ahead of schedule according to his head and abdomen circumference and his femur length. I was absolutely overjoyed to spend about 15 minutes looking at him, move and wave and kick. The ultrasound tech was just wonderful and explained everything she was looking at. She also gave us a lot of pictures! We told her we had never seen his face (at ever other ultrasound, he was always facing my back). So she flipped on the 3d and got a wonderful picture of his beautiful face!!!! For the first time, Nathan and I got to see the sweet little face we will be kissing very soon. Here are some pics from the ultrasound.



We are so excited for this little man. We have some name options, one in particular right now, but no definite decision yet. Baby is not making Mommy as sick anymore and it feels great to almost feel normal again. He is dedfinitely increasing Mommy's appetite and I find myself hungry all the time. He still really likes cheese and anything with cheese in it, on it or near it. He also enjoys his man food every now and then, like chili and burgers. Some days he kicks me like crazy and other days, he is very quiet which makes me think he is growing on those days! I will leave you with some current belly pics. 20 weeks and counting!!!
































2 comments:

Ted and Anne said...

Jennifer, you are precious! You wear pregnancy beautifully :) I am so sorry about your car accident but thankful to hear you and baby are safe and okay...love you friend! Keep those blogs and pics comin'!

Alisa said...

time for an update (=

About Me

My photo
Nathan and I have been married for 1 year. We are living in Raleigh, North Carolina with our 2 dogs, Bogey and Bella. Nathan works for Motricity as the Senior Vice President of Corporate Development. Jennifer started her own company, Jennifer Berry Inc. in 2007.