Ok, so it's December 11th. Let's just say I fell off the blog wagon. Or better yet, we just really haven't had anything exciting happen that anyone else would want to read. You still may not be excited to read this either, but that's ok. I was reading an inspirational blog about a woman who decided to keep a blog and it ended up being a journal of the rest of her life. I decided I had been seriously slacking in the blog department, I mean come on, my one and only entry is from May. So I am going to make an effort to keep everyone updated on our life in Raleigh! Unfortunately our camera is broken at the moment, but once that is taken care of I will add some pics of our house all decorated for Christmas! We got a new tree this year and it is so beautiful :)
I am sitting in the dining room, finishing up my last paper for the semester and listening to Bella growl at me to throw a toy every few seconds. Nathan is in Seattle this week but he comes home late tonight! Yay! So it's just been me and the dogs. We have had a lot of play time and a lot of laying around with all the rain this week. They are always excited when their Daddy comes home so I am sure they will perk up tomorrow!
It has been a rough week in some ways. I learned of the passing of a great friend and my fantastic hairstylist, Troy. Troy and I first met in 2005 when I was preparing for my 5th trip to Miss Oklahoma. From the first day I met him, he made me laugh and we became great friends. When I won Miss America, Troy was at my hotel door at 2:30 a.m. to fix my hair for the live feed to Good Morning America. Let's just say Troy loves his sleep, so this was a big sacrafice for him :) We laughed and celebrated what we couldn't believe had happened to "us" as Troy liked to say. We had far too many memories to talk about here, but I thought I would share that one because it was such a momentus time in my life and he was there to share it with me. I was devistated when I realized I wasn't going to be able to get back to Oklahoma for the memorial services. Troy, I love you and miss you!! You were a joy to so many lives during your time here. You will be deeply missed.
So, I can't believe I am almost done with school. It seems like I have been in school forever (minus the 3 years away from school haha). I am finishing my last paper for this semester and then I will have 3 more classes in the Spring. Next week Bella and I will make the trip to Oklahoma. She loves to get on the airplane and go see Grammy, so it should be a good trip. We will be there for a few days and then Nathan will fly in to Tulsa. We will then drive to Kansas to see the Gooden family. Then it's back to Tulsa and flying back to Raleigh!! I am sure the time will fly by, but it will be so nice to be home for Christmas. I pray each of you are having safe and happy holidays. We have so much to be grateful for this year. Praise God for another year of good health, safety and too many blessings to count.
I am sitting in the dining room, finishing up my last paper for the semester and listening to Bella growl at me to throw a toy every few seconds. Nathan is in Seattle this week but he comes home late tonight! Yay! So it's just been me and the dogs. We have had a lot of play time and a lot of laying around with all the rain this week. They are always excited when their Daddy comes home so I am sure they will perk up tomorrow!
It has been a rough week in some ways. I learned of the passing of a great friend and my fantastic hairstylist, Troy. Troy and I first met in 2005 when I was preparing for my 5th trip to Miss Oklahoma. From the first day I met him, he made me laugh and we became great friends. When I won Miss America, Troy was at my hotel door at 2:30 a.m. to fix my hair for the live feed to Good Morning America. Let's just say Troy loves his sleep, so this was a big sacrafice for him :) We laughed and celebrated what we couldn't believe had happened to "us" as Troy liked to say. We had far too many memories to talk about here, but I thought I would share that one because it was such a momentus time in my life and he was there to share it with me. I was devistated when I realized I wasn't going to be able to get back to Oklahoma for the memorial services. Troy, I love you and miss you!! You were a joy to so many lives during your time here. You will be deeply missed.
So, I can't believe I am almost done with school. It seems like I have been in school forever (minus the 3 years away from school haha). I am finishing my last paper for this semester and then I will have 3 more classes in the Spring. Next week Bella and I will make the trip to Oklahoma. She loves to get on the airplane and go see Grammy, so it should be a good trip. We will be there for a few days and then Nathan will fly in to Tulsa. We will then drive to Kansas to see the Gooden family. Then it's back to Tulsa and flying back to Raleigh!! I am sure the time will fly by, but it will be so nice to be home for Christmas. I pray each of you are having safe and happy holidays. We have so much to be grateful for this year. Praise God for another year of good health, safety and too many blessings to count.
Here is a little cuddle time with Bogey and Bella to brighten your day.

2 comments:
Welcome to the land of bloggers!
Hey Jennifer, this is Anne Ledbetter :) I am so excited to know that you have a blog!!!! I started one for Ted and I (since we're probably the last 2 people on earth without a facebook or myspace page, ha!) Hope you guys are doing well and I look forward to seeing pics of your Christmas tree. Merry Christmas to you!!! Love ya!
Post a Comment