Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm pretty sure......

I should never be held responsible to keep up a blog ever again. Haha. Well anyway, a lot has happened in the Gooden house in the last month. First of all, we moved out of our old house and into our new house! We actually bought our new home in July, but have been making some big changes on the inside and out for the past few months. Those changes are still happening, but we are able to live here and enjoy our first home together. I moved into Nathan's home after we got married, so this really is "our" first home. We replicated Jack's room so it would be familiar to him and it looks great! We completely changed the kitchen layout and we are loving all the space we have to entertain and cook. It's starting to feel like home, but I think it needs some more "living" to really feel like ours. Maybe after we host our first Thanksgiving here in a week, it will feel like home. My sister is coming to visit and she will be our first guest in the new guest bedroom and bath. I know you would all love some pictures, so I will work on those this weekend and hopefully get some posted! We usually have our Christmas decor up and going by this point in the season, so hopefully this weekend that will happen. Maybe that's why it doesn't quite feel like home? I prefer Christmas decor to start in October and come down in February :) We want our home to be a place of ministry and we are excited to see how God will use this gift for his glory in the next few years.

As for my very big boy, he is doing great! Jack will be 9 months old next week. It truly shocks me to even type that. I always heard just how fast the time would go, but now I really understand what that means. How can I have a 9 month old? I still consider myself to have a new baby. It feels like maybe 3 months have passed since I've been pregnant. Has it really been 9?! I feel like I'm still getting used to being able to walk around without feeling like I need oxygen! Wow, this year is gone in a blink. As I was driving today I thought what I might title the year 2010 in my life. It definitely would be titled "Jack". He came into this world at the beginning of the year and 2010 has been a lifechanging year for us. It's been incredible, exhausting, stressful, easy, joyful, sad, exciting, loud and quiet. All in one year. My precious boy looks like me, but is a carbon copyo of his Daddy in every other way. He has his Daddy's personality, his Daddy's facial expressions and his Daddy's dislike for anything on his head or feet. I told Nathan that I hardly get to miss him anymore because I spend my entire day with his mini-me. I am still amazed daily at how I was blessed to be this little boy's Mama. It's pretty incredible. Being a mother is everything I thought it would be, harder than I expected and easier than I expected. But all in all, the first 9 months of motherhood have been so much fun. I absolutely love watching Jack discover new things and his little laugh makes every day better. I love our little family and I couldn't be more grateful. I feel so blessed and as we enter the holiday season I make a daily effort to remember just how blessed we are. I praise God every day for my healthy family. There isn't much more I could ask for.

Nathan and I have been leading a small group at our church since September. We have greatly enjoyed our new friends and the time we have spent growing in our relationship with God through our first study "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. If you are looking for an easy to read study, that will challenge you in all areas of your life, this is your book! It's been incredible, mind-altering and life changing. It has opened my "spiritual eyes" in more ways than I can count.
Life is great and I am extremely grateful. I can't believe 2010 is almost over, but it sure has been wonderful. I am constantly falling more in love with my amazing husband, madly in love with my precious little boy and feel more than blessed to have them in my life.

Pics to come :)

1 comment:

Ted and Anne said...

Jennifer, you are so sweet! I love love love your blog and look forward to seeing some pictures!

About Me

My photo
Nathan and I have been married for 1 year. We are living in Raleigh, North Carolina with our 2 dogs, Bogey and Bella. Nathan works for Motricity as the Senior Vice President of Corporate Development. Jennifer started her own company, Jennifer Berry Inc. in 2007.